Redcliffe Landscape Gardeners was founded in 1950 by Reg Redcliffe. The then Oxford based company’s primary role was maintaining and landscaping the gardens for all the surrounding Colleges. In 1959 the business expanded, opening a 6 acre nursery, which then became fronted by a garden centre in 1964 (one of the first Garden Centres in England).
In 1966 further expansion of the business involved opening up a dedicated landscape and maintenance division in Christchurch (insert image of vans) and from there the business continued to grow and specialise in the designing, constructing and maintaining of gardens of all shapes and sizes, with sons Robin and Bill at the helm.
In 1990 the business moved once again to the site it now occupies in Bashley, where over the years it has been developed to include a Garden Centre and Tearoom (currently leased and managed by another local businessman: Chris Warman).